Mold can be found almost anywhere; it can grow on nearly any surface, as long as moisture and oxygen are present. Exposure to mold can cause a variety of health issues and in some trigger allergic reactions. When it comes to mold, it is very important for property owners to inspect their home or business and eliminate the problem.
What to look for
It is important to locate areas that are prone to mold growth. Areas with poor air movement and abnormal moisture are especially vulnerable. Once the sources have been detected, they should be addressed to prevent any future mold growth.
Early Mold prevention Tips
- Keep humidity below 60 percent.
- Use air conditioners during humid months.
- Use dehumidifiers in damp spaces, such as attics, basements and crawlspaces.
- Properly ventilate shower, laundry and cooking areas with exhaust fans that vent outside the property,
- Fix leaks on roofs, windows and pipes immediately.
- Keep heating, ventilation, and air conditioning drip pans clean, flowing properly, and clear.
- Add mold inhibitors before painting walls. Don’t paint or caulk moldy surfaces.
- Clean and dry wet or damp spots within 48 hours.
- Clean bathrooms with mold-killing products.
- Keep your home properly ventilated especially bathrooms and kitchens.
- Prevent condensation from collecting on windows, ceiling and walls.
- You must completely fix the water or moisture intrusion problem prior to mold remediation.
Mold can begin to grow on water damaged areas with in 24-48 hours if not taken care of. It is important to dry water-damaged areas and items as soon as possible. If you find that your mold problems are more than you can handle, call a mold Restoration expert. J & R Restoration is fully bonded and insured for your protection, so you can get the repairs or mold cleanup service you need without the worry. Call (561) 674-2332 today for your FREE visual inspection.