Recovering from a fire can be physically and mentally challenging. After fire damage, it is natural to want to clean your property and get life back to normal. Quick action can be a great, but improper or delayed action can risk restoration and cause even more damage.
It is important to understand the risk to your safety and health after a fire is out.
We recommend that you only do activities that are safe for you to perform. Remember, J & R Restoration is ready to assist you after a fire with fire damage restoration and help you get back to normal. Call today for 24/7 fire restoration service.
Until Help Arrives – What to do after fire or smoke damage
- Contact your local disaster relief services such as American Red Cross or Salvation Army
- Limit movement in the home to prevent ash particles from being embedded into upholstery, walls, and carpets.
- Place clean sheets on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity was lost and is off, empty freezer and refrigerator.
- Wash houseplants thoroughly.
- Remove pets to a clean environment.
- Change air conditioning filters and keep an eye on the new ones.
- Don’t attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting J & R Restoration.
- Use TV’s, stereos, or other electrical appliances until cleaned and checked.
- Do not eat, drink, or breathe in anything that has been near the fire’s flames, smoke, or soot
- Send smoked clothing to an ordinary dry cleaner. Incorrect cleaning may set smoke and odor.
We recommend that you only do activities that are safe for you to perform after experiencing fire damage. Remember, J & R Restoration is ready to assist you after a fire and help you get back to normal. Call today for 24/7 fire restoration service.