Whether you’ve got a water leak in the pipes behind the shower, in the pipes underneath your kitchen sink, or elsewhere in your house, if not taken care of promptly, it could become a major problem. Maybe you’ve left for a family vacation only to come home to your worst nightmare- a major water leak from a burst pipe. Regardless of your situation, there are a couple of things you can do to make the situation a lot better for yourself.
- Shut both the electricity and the water off in your home. It will save you a headache and keep you safe.
- Avoid any outlets, switches, or other wiring that may have gotten wet when the pipe burst occurred. You definitely don’t want to risk a situation that involves both water and electricity.
- If you can, grab a bucket and start hauling water away. If you’re fortunate enough to have a shop-vac, take advantage and get rid of as much water as you’re able to. Dump it outside if you can.
- Salvage what you can by setting it outside to dry, leaving it in the bathtub, or placing your items on a towel.
- When in doubt, leave it to the professionals. You’re better off safe than sorry, so if you’re unsure about any of the steps, leave it to the pros at J & R Restoration because we’ve got the experience you need at a time like this.
If you’re experiencing an emergency, don’t hesitate to contact the company that has taken care of Palm Beach and Broward counties since 1999. Help is just a phone call away! Give us a call at 561-990-2490 today!